It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…or maybe that is just the color of my bell peppers.
I love a good stuffed bell pepper. Not so easy to cook or nearly as vegetable hearty as it COULD be though. How does a bell pepper casserole sound? I love cooked bell peppers so it sounds totally scrumptious to me!
1 lb ground beef or turkey for those watching their cholesterol
2 cloves garlic – minced
1/2 a head of cabbage – chopped/shredded
1 cup minute rice (I use brown minute rice)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 onion – chopped
1 14oz can diced tomatoes (you can use fresh, but I do not have that kind of time)
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1.25 cups water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use sharp)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut your veggies
|Yummy Bell Peppers|
3. Brown ground beef with garlic, drain fat
4. In large bowl combine all ingredients and mix together – put in casserole dish
4. Bake for one hour – take out and stir after 30 minutes
5. Remove from oven, top with cheese, serve after cheese has completed melted
|out of the oven|
|Melted cheesy goodness|
|A healthy yummy dinner!|
Serves a family of four with enough leftovers for lunch the next day.
Yummy!!!Thanks for another recipe to try! I will have to add this to our list! 🙂
Sounds yumlicious! I'm going to try it tonight! Thanks for sharing!