This month I had to dig deep into my fabric stash to make our bee blocks. It was requested that we use large floral prints…those are not abundant in my stash, but luckily I made a commission quilt three years ago out of Kaffe Fassett fabrics and was able to keep my scraps. We made Japanese X and + blocks using this tutorial by City Stitches.
We had a beautiful spring day yesterday so my blocks are slightly over exposed but I thought they looked pretty with the sun beaming on them.
I’ve been working my through the sampler quilt I have loaded on Spike. I will post photos as soon as it is done, there are a few progress photos on Instagram. You don’t need an account to view photos, only to comment and like them, so please feel free to check them out. I will also try to post some to Facebook today so you can see them there too! When you click on these links, they take you straight to my pages.
Have a wonderful Tuesday!
I’ll go right over to Instagram. I’m sure you are doing a great job. I saw that tutorial and thought what a great block that would be for scraps. Yours are cheerful and happy blocks!