So my hands were definitely not up for sewing this weekend. The spirit was willing but my hands were not. I decided to make use of my time and reorganize my stash.
The main reason I decided to re-organize was the fabric bins. They were NOT organized anymore and just jammed full to the point I could barely pull them out. You can’t hold yourself accountable when you can’t see what you have!
So I went on Pinterest and found a quickie tutorial for folding fabric around your 6.5″x24″ ruler. I used it for all of my yardage that was at least a quarter of a yard. Here’s most of my yardage folded.
For my fat quarters, I experimented with a couple of different folds before settled on what fit my shelves best.
The bins are still in use! I emptied out all of the ziplock bags that I had full of scraps into them and also all the stuff I already had in the bins that were not yardage or fat quarters – just larger scraps.
The top still has fabric on it but that is because they are 2 quilts that are in progress and they have upcoming deadlines. If they are out making the space look messy then I know I will work on them just so I can get them off of there! It is my own personal kind of motivation.
So that is how I spent my Saturday and Sunday. Cleaning…probably should start folding some of the laundry I washed too, but for some reason I’m not as motivated to work on that!