Vintage Christmas Sampler Tutorials

I have been working on this sampler for the last month and thought you might like to watch my progress and quilt along with me!

Here is a list of the blocks that I plan on making for my Vintage Sampler Quilt – check back regularly for updated posts. I will link each tutorial to this post – not all the blocks listed will have tutorials – I have already started sewing and I have forgotten to take pictures a couple of times (oops!).

These are posted in no particular order – so please don’t expect me to complete them in any particular order ๐Ÿ™‚ These are merely the blocks that have caught my fancy!

Block 1: LeMoyne Star
Block 15: Wreath
Block 16: Snail’s Trail
Block 17: Old Snowflake
Block 18: Double Wrench
Block 19: Scrappy Zig Zag
Block 20: Fireflies

P.S. I should have mentioned that each block I am making will measure 12 inches finished!
Print Friendly, PDF & Email
This entry was posted in Block exchange, block swap, block tutorials, Christmas block swap, quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Vintage Christmas Sampler Tutorials

1. sunny says:

What a great list! I decided not to join because I'm already in a couple of Christmas swaps, but I may follow along from home. What size blocks are you making?

2. Bright Angel says:

Cannot wait to try out some of the tutorials. Hope I am going to be good at this quilting thing like you are some day! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. cpup40 says:

I noticed on the "Christmas Sampler Quilt" that you already have the Christmas tree & stocking block made. Do you have tutorials on these yet or am I just not finding them?

4. Melissa @ Love Affair With My Brother says:

Hi Cpup40 – those blocks haven't been posted yet – they I am posting in no particular order ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Pingback: Vintage Christmas Sampler – Blueberry Pie Variation | Sew BitterSweet Designs

6. Pingback: Radiating Diamonds Block | Sew BitterSweet Designs

7. Pingback: GO! Christmas Block Tutorial | Sew BitterSweet Designs

8. Pingback: Vintage Christmas Sampler โ€“ Traditional 9 Patch | Sew BitterSweet Designs

9. Pingback: Old Snowflake Tutorial |

10. Pingback: Vintage Christmas Sampler โ€“ Ohio Star Variation |

11. Velita Hickle says:

I am so glad I found your site! I have been looking for a vintage christmas quilt pattern and none has been quite what I wanted but so far I love all of the blocks you have! Once I get my sewing machine back from being serviced Im in!!

12. Pingback: Christmas in October? |

13. Bente says:

I love these blocks, it will be a wonderful quilt!

14. Pingback: Vintage Christmas Samper Update & Tutorial |

15. Pingback: Snailโ€™s Trail & Double Wrench Tutorials |

16. Pingback: Companyโ€™s Coming |

17. Gladys says:

Those are great! Will be a beatiful quilt! Thanks for sharing! Have a nice day! A hug!

18. Pingback: Oโ€™ Christmas Tree โ€“ Block Tutorial |

19. Sue says:

I love this Christmas sampler! I am downloading the patterns and adding it to my list of things to do. Thanks for sharing!

20. Pingback: The Story Behind the Sampler |

21. Pingback: Vintage Christmas Sampler โ€“ Geese In Formation |

22. Pingback: Vintage Christmas Sampler โ€“ Scrappy Zig Zag |

23. Pingback: Indian Mats Block Tutorial |

24. Pingback: Stocking Block Tutorial |

25. Michelle Olsen says:

Just finished the last block! Now that I have all 20 blocks done, I just need to make sashing & borders, piece the backing, baste, quilt, and bind. I can totally finish before Christmas! Thank you so much for all the tutorials.

26. Pingback: September Goal Party – A Lovely Year of Finishes | Sew BitterSweet Designs

Comments are closed.